Volunteering and Children’s Ministry:
The mission statement of the Children’s Ministry program at Oak Hills Baptist is Growing Kid’s Faith in Christ while building friendships and having fun. Doing this requires the volunteer efforts of a number of people. We can have all the programming and activities in place, but without the hands to serve, very little can be accomplished toward furthering Christ’s kingdom.
Goals of the Children’s Ministry Volunteer Program:
1.) The program is organized and volunteers are trained so that questions are limited and volunteers feel prepared.
2.) The work is spread among people so volunteers do not feel overwhelmed or over worked.
3.) Volunteers know that their hard work is worthwhile and their efforts are appreciated.
Benefits of Serving:
- Development of authentic friendships.
- Building relationships with the kids of the church.- Worshiping Christ through serving
- Discover/rediscover the joy & innocence of a child.
- Flexible & accommodating schedules allow for participation in worship services, Sunday School & other aspects of ministry.
- Kids get to see service in action through the work that is done.
Children’s Ministry understands that not everyone feels they have a gift in working with children. Furthermore, we realize that parental requests for time only increase as a child becomes older. Children’s Ministry is working very hard to accomplish the above goals. It is our hope that with a little effort and training on the part of everyone, each person comes in sharing Christ’s Love with children.
Click here for a list of Volunteer Job Descriptions.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Children’s Ministry program at Oak Hills, please complete the Volunteer Application by clicking here.